Quality Representation At A Reasonable Cost

Williamson County Child Support

On Behalf of | Dec 1, 2015 | Child Custody, Family Law related issues

In Texas one or both parents may be obligated to pay Williamson County child support. The obligation to pay, the amount, and the party reasonable for the child support is determined by the court. Your Williamson County child support case may be heard in front of a district judge, county court judge or the associate judge in charge of the Attorney General child support case load.

One of the first questions people have when they come into my Round Rock Law Office is how much Williamson County child support they will owe and/or how much they will be obligated to pay to the other parent for the benefit of the children.

How Much Williamson County Child Support Will You Pay/Get?

Numerous factors play a role into how much child support a party will be obligated to pay. The major issue will be the amount of income each parent receives before and after income taxes. The next issue will be the expenses of both the parents and the children. For instance, if a child is suffering from a disability, the Williamson County child support may be more if there are increased expenses.

The laws regarding Williamson County child support obligations are flexible to meet the facts of your family’s situation. While there are guidelines as to how much a person should pay, the best interest of the child may influence the final amount of child support.

The parties may have an agreement to pay a certain amount of money for each month the payment is not a legally enforceable obligation. The agreement will only become enforceable when a judge has ruled on the issue or approved an agreement.

Williamson County child support is required until:

  • The child turns 18, or
  • Graduated from high school,
  • Is emancipated through marriage or another legal action;
  • The child is deceased; or
  • If the child has a disability the obligation may continue even after the above one of the above conditions have occurred.

Do You Need Williamson County Child Support or Divorce Counsel?

When parties are getting divorced or separating into households, the expenses to both parties will increase. It is important to consult with an experienced child support lawyer to discuss these issues.

My Round Rock Law Office will assess your financial situation and attempt to help you understand how the laws of the State of Texas apply to your child support case and your unique situation.

If you are in need of child support, or have a child support case currently filed against you, then you should seek the advice of an experienced lawyer practicing in Williamson County. If you have any questions about child support, please call The Law Office of Clifford Alan Swayze located in Round Rock, Texas at 512-335-5245.